We have been talking to Max about the elections and who we were voting for. He watches the news with us for a few minutes, until he asks for a kid show but he retains information like you wouldn't believe. He can recall events, people, and lines from TV shows and real life experiences. He has a great memory for a 3 year old. So when he knew we were voting for McCain he wanted to do the opposite than us and was rooting for Obama. He used to do that while watching the Olympics, he would always cheer for the opposing team. This morning when he woke up he was curious about the elections and I sat him down and told him who would be our next President. While attending preschool today the teachers asked the group of 3 year olds who won for President not expecting to get an answer just using that as a segway to teach the kids about the President. Max raised his hand and shouted out Barack Obama and the teachers said they all were speechless. I was very impressed that my 3 year old knew his politics. Who knows maybe someday, some child in a preschool class in the future, when asked who the President of the United States is will say, Maxwell Mangum. :)
Today was Mallory's 2 month check-up and she is doing well. She is a big baby and is in the 97% for her weight, weighing in at 13 lbs. 13 oz. and 90% for height. One concern I had for her was occasionally she wheezes when she breathes they checked some other symptoms and they want her to be tested for Asthma. They are sending her to get chest x-rays to see how her lungs are doing. Has anybody ever heard of babies having asthma? I guess we will know more in the future.
I have not forgot about posting about Halloween and I will get to it in the next few days, I promise. Stay tuned! Max looked awesome in his costume.
3 comments:
Ok, I thought Colton was doing well for his weight but he's a shrimp compared to Mallory! He's two months older and only weighs a pound more than her.
We have a few Obama fans with our boys too. It was pretty funny when I asked them to convince me WHY I should vote for him. Kids are great...and yes, we can't wait to vote for Max Mangum for President!
I will vote for Max when he runs for President too!
Post a Comment