Sunday, August 24, 2008

August Weather

Sorry, no baby yet. We figure the trip to the hospital last weekend counts as a good dress rehearsal. What has been nice, especially for Jen, the past couple of weeks is that we have had some very mild weather. It seems like it has been in the 80's with low humidity almost every day. I have really enjoyed the time off of school and also the "Family Friendly Month" done in our Stake. That means there are no church meetings other than the regularly scheduled three hour block. One word: Sweet.

Max and I took advantage of the weather the other day and played some frisbee out in the yard after I got home from work. He is still working on his technique, but the unpredictability provided for some good excercise as Jen and I tried to anticipate where the frisbee was about to go. It was a little like dodgeball, but with a frisbee. You know what they say, "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a dodgeball."

Anyways, we'll be sure to let everyone know when the baby comes. I know Jen is ready. Especially since she has been required to stay off of her feet as much as possible this past week. She says she can only watch so much of the olympics. My favorite quote, "I'm sick of watching people win." I love my wife.

The good news is that we have reached the threshhold for the baby to be considered full term. Jen figures that the baby can hear the Max induced chaos going on out here and is waiting as long as possible before she has to be subjected to it. We'll try and ease her into it when she comes.


7 comments:

also known as shell said...

We've been having great weather down here too. Thats cool about the Family Friendly Month... I bet it helps also with the gas being so high.

Jennifer I loved your quote that made me LOL. Only 2 weeks left until you birth yahoo

The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Let's play frisbee together sometime...new neighbor!

Kathleen Mangum said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Mallory. You'll love having a girl. I'd like a boy too so I'm not biased, but Lena is such a sweet thing, I hope you get one just like her.

Kate said...

I'm guessing he's more excited about the Cougars. ;)

Jeni said...

I am suggesting family friendly month to the bishop here! That is awesome. Hope that baby comes soon. I feel for you Jen. Towards the end of mine I debated if it'd be easier to keep the beachball or have sleepless nights with a newborn...The newborn is better (and enevitable). Hope she comes soon!

Adam said...

Family friendly month? I wish our Stake would do that. I think our Stake is doing the opposite in September.

Jodi Reeve said...

Hey there Matt, this is the former Jodi Cook from back home in the Hingham stake. It looks like you have a wonderful family with a new one on the way, so congrats!

We are living in Ohio, with 2 little boys, age 3 and 7 months. Life is just great!

Check out our family blog reevechronicles.blogspot.com

Congrats again on the new baby!