This week was the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC. I took the day off of work on Wednesday to work on a few different school related projects. The weather was so great that in the afternoon we couldn't help but go downtown to the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. (My boss did ask how I got a sunburn from working on class registration and research papers. I got up at 5 in the morning to do all of that stuff. The afternoon was fair game.) The main part of the cherry blossoms are ringed around the Tidal Basin in front of the Jefferson Memorial. It is actually pretty stunning. The pictures we have do not do it justice. Max slept for a great deal of the walk as a result of having stopped at a toystore on the way in. I had to buy him a new rocket because I had mislaunched the previous one and it is now precariously laying on a part of our roof that I cannot immediately access. Seriously though, when they said on the package that the sling can launch those 300 feet in the air they weren't kidding. Talk about truth in advertising. At any rate, here are some photos from the Cherry Blossom Festival.
This is the Tidal Basin and the Jefferson Memorial.
This is the closest we could get to a group photo. Hey Max, the camera is over here buddy.
This is Jennifer doing her best to look like a tourist.
These two pictures of Jen and I are taken from the same bridge just at different angles. Max was asleep for this part. He did wake up in time to see the Jefferson statue and also to sit on the steps in front and enjoy an acoustic concert.
Every several months Jennifer and I have to relearn a crucial DC area lesson. NEVER DRIVE INTO THE CITY FOR BIG EVENTS. ALWAYS TAKE THE METRO. This last photo is a picture Jen took of me driving angry through DC looking for a place to park. I am probably mumbling the words, "Why do we do this? Every time I ever drive in here I swear that I will never do it again." Well, keep watching for a post in August when we forget how terrible it was and try it again.
2 comments:
Ya'll look great! Can't wait to see you next month!
Yes, take the METRO whenever possible. We loved the info about the difficult driving into D.C. We have to drive on a two-lane highway 89 to and from Ephraim as we move, and there are so many tractors going sooooo slow that it usually ends up with someone being mad. It is a test of patience. I'm glad you are so close and can do so many fun things on days off.
Post a Comment