Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Move



I (Matt) hate moving. We are in the midst of completing the fifth move of our five year marriage. This is why I am posting Max's Birthday and the move several weeks after they happened. But I am glad to be out of our apartment. We moved into a townhouse just a few miles down the road in the middle of January. We are still in the same ward, my commute is basically the same and if we stay here long enough the elementary school is really good. Most of all, it is nice to have more room. There are 3 bedrooms, 3 and a half baths, and 3 levels of finished space. The basement is a rec room (read wreck room), and the bedrooms are all upstairs. Max did get sad the other night and say, "I miss my old room." But I think he's happier here with a backyard and more places to run around in and hide in etc. Jen feels like she is still living out of boxes, it may take a couple of more weeks to get rid of that feeling. Some of those who came to help move may look at the blog so I better thank them. Especially my brother Marc and nephew David who have helped me move three times.


At any rate, here are a few pictures I took this afternoon with Max outside. When we are unpacked we'll start posting pictures of events that take place inside. Until then I am not allowed to show our unorganized state of affairs to the world.

11 comments:

Lisa K said...

How exciting for ya'll!! I can't wait to make another trip out and see the place!

Jeni said...

We hear you on the moving. We've also moved 5 times in 5 years. When will it stop?!?!?! Hopefully we won't have to move for a couple more years to lower our average.

Jeni said...

PS - can you take our last name off your link? Sean's a little paranoid...thanks!

Ben Arkell said...

Nice place! I like the back yard with the woods right there. I miss the woods and the ocean....

Rick said...

Matt, I'm going to be in DC in June. I'm taking the "DC seminar" as my final elective for grad school. I'll only be there for 3-4 days, but we'll have to meet up.

Becky said...

Sounds like a great place! Hope all is well for you -- thanks for posting pictures of Max. He's so grown up!

Jewel Stratford said...

Right by the wood!!!!! What a wonderful area for walks and exploring. I can't wait to see your new home. I'm so happy for you and so proud of Matt and his decisions to further his education. Good job. Love, Mom/Grandma

Jeff said...

Cool new place! Oh, and be sure to spank Max for me.

Scott and Brittany said...

I can't believe how big Max has gotten!! Your family is so cute. Scott tells me your pregnant again, thats so exciting!!! We're so happy for you. We love your new house, hope you make lots of memories in it. We miss you guys!!

Ashley said...

Jennifer,
You are so sweet I'd love that. Thank you for letting me know that we are touching your life. I can't tell you its a very hard thing to do. :o) Please email me your email address. Mine is ashee003@yahoo.com.
Thanks again
Ashley

Steven and Erika said...

Great place! Can't wait to see it in person and to see you guys after so many months...goodness! It is like we moved to China out here! I hope all is well! I love keeping up with the pics and Matts funny commentary :) Miss you guys!