Matt again delivering the update on Max's big birthday bash. For those of you who don't know, Max was born on New Year's Day. Well for the big 3, Max was so sick that he could barely move. So we celebrated his birthday the next day at home with the three of us. I distracted him in his room while Jen decorated the dining room with streamers and presents. He was ecstatic when he realized that we were having a surprise party for him. He is obsessed with surprises. We got him an ice cream cake with "Happy Birthday Max" on it. Good thing I took a semester of Spanish at BYU or I never would have been able to communicate with the people who write on cakes at the Shopper's near our old apartment.
Anyways, Max was pleased to get his presents. He received a sled, a flashlight (he loves flashlights), a tricycle, Diego Legos and a few other things. It was quite a success and we thank his grandparents and extended family for everything that they sent. We were able to use the sled a week or so later. He loved crashing into the snow and spinning down the small hill. Now that we have moved he will be able to use the tricycle around our neighborhood. I suggested that he ride it down the three flights of stairs at the old apartment, Jen didn't seem to think it was a good idea. She thinks I am irresponsible. I would have made him wear a helmet.
4 comments:
He looks a lot older than 3. Happy belated birthday!
Wonderful photos and info. I'm so glad to see where you are living - right next to a forest. We are so happy for you. We are g;ad that Maxwell can ride his tricycle without Mommy lugging it down the stairwell. We can't wait to see your new home. Love, Grandma Jewel
I've called DCFS. They should arrive shortly to take Max away from you.
Oh... and Happy Belated Birthday Max! I am responsible for your January 1st birth date... yes I, your uncle, threw a rocking New Years party 3 years ago that put your mom into labor, though I'm unsure what triggered exactly it... the dancing, the chips and salsa, the booz. Guess we'll never know. Anyway, Max, be sure to mark your calendar for 1/1/2026 cuz we're gonna party like it's 1999 (**see your parents, as this requires a little understanding of math and music.)
Post a Comment