Maxwell really wanted to carve a pumpkin this year so we went to the supermarket the night before Halloween and bought one of the last few pumpkins left. There is a reason why no one wanted this pumpkin. If you could see the other side of it, there are a thousand little growths which we thought might be some type of mold that will make us all sick but it had a good handle and the other side was normal. The day after Halloween it was so stinky I had to put it out on the deck. Our pumpkin had a short but very pleasant life.
Matt had this idea to make a Throwing-up Pumpkin and he was so exited to carve it with Max. Max loved to reach inside the mouth and pull out all of the seeds and strings to make it look like "spit" which is what Max called it. You may not be able to see but there is a seed in its nose which Max thought looked cool, but made the pumpkin look even more gross.
Our little Max dressed up as Superman this year and loved every minute that he had his costume on. He would wear it around the house all day and especially loved Trick-or-Treating because he could fly from house to house. The only costume that would fit him was the 4-6 year old and so it needed a few alterations. Which means he may be superman for the next few years since I can just take out the stitches and it can grow with him. I did not have my camera on Halloween night so I have no pics of him and his cute cousins. My sister-in-law Jen said she would email me the pics when she could. No pressure Jen! I will post them soon.
I also wanted to tell you all that I cut my sons hair for the first time tonight. I have been taking him to a barber every month since he was 8 months old and I figured I could save a lot of money if I learned to do it myself. So I tried and I think I did a reall good job. After talking to my sister Holly on the phone today and guiding me through how to cut boys hair, I decided to try. Maybe I will post a pic of the new haircut too.
5 comments:
good job on the hair cut. I'm getting sick of taking Dallen every couple of weeks and paying so much money. I'd rather be saving up for liposuction.
Boo Hoo Hoo!!! I wish I could have been there to take Max trick-or-treating. I loved the Pumpkin - spitting out the seeds. Very inventive. I am so proud of all of you and how you are blooming where you are planted. You inspire me. Love, Mom/Grandma
I've always like vomiting pumpkins.
I loved this post Jen! Matt is so funny to think to do the pumpkin like that, it made me laugh. Max is so cute and I want to kiss his cheeks sooooo bad! Good job on tackling the haircut thing. We did it our house too last weekend, and I honestly can't believe the cops weren't called by a neighbor from all the "bloody murder" screaming...I've about had it- I don't know what to do.
love the vomiting pumpkin
Post a Comment