Saturday, November 10, 2007

Big News!


No. We're not pregnant (we wish). Matt decided after getting back this summer that it was time to go back to school. He talked with his bosses at work and they gave their support in his decision to still work full-time and go to school in the evenings and weekends. After applying for a few programs in the D.C. area he was finally accepted into the Master's of Arts in Liberal Studies at Georgetown University where he will focus on International Affairs starting in January. He was pretty nervous when he opened the letter yesterday, because he thought it looked too thin to be good news. The rest of the packet is coming in a separate letter. We went to the campus in northwest D.C today and got to watch part of a football game between Georgetown and Colgate which Max really enjoyed. (Even though Georgetown lost). We also went to the bookstore and bought Matt a t-shirt and a little t-shirt for Max's stuffed puppy. Definitely the hardest part will be the thesis that will come at the end of the program. I think he may be getting a little nervous, but we are sure he'll do well and hopefully he'll enjoy this as much as he thinks he is going to. I am so proud of all of his hard work and sacrifice to get our family to where we are now. I love you, Matt!

11 comments:

Michael Stanfill said...

Wow Matt! Congratulations on getting into Georgetown. That is fantastic!

The Hokanson Family said...

Congrats Matt! Your so awesome! I can't believe I know someone attending Georgetown!

Kate said...

Wow! That's fantastic, you guys! Congratulations!

Sam said...

way to go Matt! We're so excited for you. Karate Chop!

Jeni said...

Congratulations Matt!

Ben Arkell said...

Make sure you take in some hoops game, the Hoyas will be good this year.

Lisa K said...

Trust me, you will be writing so many long papers during your time in grad school that the thesis won't be intimidating at all.

Congratulations Matt!

Rick said...

Congratulations Matt!! I work fulltime and go to school part-time, it isn't that bad, school is just like a really demanding hobby. So as long you don't have any other really-demanding-hobbies you should be fine.

Becky said...

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations! I'll have to make sure to pass that on to Alex!

Jeni said...

Sean said...
Master's of Arts in Liberal Studies...That's a cover for a CIA assignment if I've ever heard one.

Downs Family said...

Congrats that's awesome. Good Luck Matt!!