Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Next Stage!

Matt had a goal when he returned from his 6 month vacation to paradise, to have Maxwell potty trained by the time he went back to work on Sep 10. I thought he was a little optimistic about the whole thing but it was just his way of getting out of doing 6 months worth of diaper changes that he missed out on. Well, it didn't happen as fast as he had hoped but once we really put our heart and soul and time into it, it has finally paid off. We have officially trained Maxwell to go to the bathroom on the big potty which has made for quite a few trips to Chuck-e-cheese which was his reward once he accomplished each step. We did not have a picture of the big event to add to the blog, which I am sure would be illegal, but we wanted to keep you all up to date anyway.

11 comments:

The Hokanson Family said...

Hooray for Max! and Good Job to you guys! That's so awesome! Does he have to be completely naked and facing the wall like Cael? Or does he stand up and do it the right way like a boy should...or in our case like Ava tries to do? My kids aren't normal I know. :)

Kate said...

Good for you guys! I gave it a try a few weeks back and Brody wanted nothing to do with it.

This week he's at Brent's parents house... his mom is CONVINCED she can get him trained before he starts pre-school on the 22nd. We'll see about that!

Becky said...

Yay! That's exciting. It's always nice when you can move past the diaper stage. We've used Chuck-e-Cheese as a reward, too -- it seems to be a popluar one!

Ben Arkell said...

So what's he sporting? Cars underwear? Spiderman? Or BYU?

Unknown said...

In reply to Ben's questions, our little guy is wearing superman underwear but is still occassionally wearing the cars pull-ups when situations arise. To answer Hollys question, yes he does stand up like a big boy but his aim is still a little off, which requires a complete wipe-down of the toilet afterwards. Thanks for asking those all important questions.

Sam said...

Congratulations Max! That's really exciting for all of you. And a good choice in superheroes.

Downs Family said...

Hey Jenn good luck potty training! That was the thing I dreaded as a parent, but we got through one child good so let's see if Aspen can do it soon. By the way you've been tagged check my blog for the rules.

Jeff said...

Good job Max! (even I miss sometimes)

Might I suggest some fine reading...

http://www.amazon.com/Everyone-Poops-My-Body-Science/dp/0916291456

http://www.amazon.com/Potty-Book-Alyssa-Satin-Capucilli/dp/0764152327/ref=pd_sim_b_shvl_img_5/102-9254270-2553744

Jeff said...

Ok... those links didn't work.

So look up "Everyone Poops" and "The Potty Book - for Boys"

also known as shell said...

good job max! the worse is when they are midstream and then something grabs their attention like a noise... so they turn toward the sound and pee goes everywhere!

Jewel Stratford said...

I'd say Chuck-ee-Cheese is the order of the day. I knew it wouldn't be long before he caught the vision of the big-boy shorts that I bought him.