Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Month of Fun Continued

Our month of fun continued with a trip to Corolla, North Carolina on the Outer Banks. We were able to rent a beach house for just the two of us while Maxwell stayed in Virginia with Grandma. We spent most of the time at the beach swimming and reading and enjoying the break from real life. As you can imagine we ate a lot of seafood at the many restaurants and we also enjoyed a movie, Bourne Ultimatum. The Outer Banks has now become our new favorite vacation spot and we plan to return every summer. We look forward to taking Maxwell next year because I am sure he will love playing in the sand and watching the waves go in and out. Max and Grandma had a great time during the weak. It is always a party when Grandma comes to town and takes him on fun outing. Max also learned the process of death when all 4 of the fish that they bought that week died. I guess kids have to learn about that sometime in their life, I am just glad it wasn't me who had to teach him.



8 comments:

Ben Arkell said...

love the hat matt, now rub it a few times for me, would ya. The bosox are trying to blow it again. That Bourne movie was tight.

Lisa K said...

I'm so jealous that Grandma got to be with Max for the week! He is so much fun!

Jeff said...

Jen and Matt, sitting in a tree; s-i-t-t-i-n-g.

Oh... wait.

The Hokanson Family said...

You 2 are truly party animals! How fun to be able to spend some alone time together.

Rick said...

I have to second Ben's motion...it is great to see you representing Beantown.

Gina said...

A vacation with no kids! How great was that?

Scott and Brittany said...

We're glad you're home Matt. It looks like you guys are having a blast out there. All Scott's friends call him brodie, since he bleached his hair. So all he could say about the picture of you guys on the Outer Banks was "surf's up dude!"
P.S. Scott totally wrote that
P.S.S Dang I'm cool

Jewel Stratford said...

Max and I really bonded during the week. We are great buddies and had lots of adventures. I taught him all of my songs - and he can sing "ooo eee ooo ahh ahh, bing, bang, walla-walla bing bang!" My mission is complete.