Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Day in the Life of a Farmer

One of Maxwells favorite places to visit is Frying Pan Farm Park where he can see all of the animals his heart desires. This farm makes headlines every year around Thanksgiving when the President of the Unites States pardons one turkey and sends it to the farm to live out the remainder of its' days. You would think that there would be many turkeys but I guess they don't live very long. But during their short lives they grow huge. He is able to visit the cows, pigs, goats, sheep, rabbits, horses, chickens, peacocks, ducks, turkeys, and the bugs that come with all of those animals. We appreciate the farmers for their hard work and for keeping this farm open to the public.

3 comments:

Lisa K said...

I've been there! =)

The Hokanson Family said...

How fun, I wish we had something like that close to us. Can't wait for Matt to get home!! I'm so excited for you I could scream!

Jewel Stratford said...

Maxwell and I had such a fun time at Frying Pan Park. We saw the Turkey that Pres. Bush "pardoned" on Thanksgiving. We went on the hay ride and had lunch on the grass by the stables. We stayed most of the day until Maxwell started to have sleepy eyes. We had a grand time and are good 'buds'. Love, Grandma