Sunday, April 1, 2012

St. Patrick's Day in Chicago

We had one last weekend of freedom before Matt starts his last set of classes for the year.  His year is broken up into four modules with 3-4 classes per mod.  We made the trip to Chicago on what happened to be St. Patrick's Day.  We didn't plan on going for St. Patrick's Day, it just happened.  It was crazy! People everywhere! Drunk people everywhere! Now we can say that we were in Chicago for St. Patrick's Day 2012. I saw a cute t-shirt that said "Irish you were here! Chicago 2012." It was fun to see the river turned green and to see people wearing green everywhere, except for us.  We didn't plan that out very well.

Thanks to priceline, again, we were able to find in a really nice hotel, close to the Willis Tower in Greektown. Every other website we looked at had everything booked for that weekend.  I guess we were lucky :) 

We went up on Friday night, checked into our hotel and discovered we were within walking distance to the famous Giordano's. I had never had deep dish pizza and was a little skeptical.  But I loved it! I have even googled the restaurant and found out their is one a little closer.


We spent the time at the Shedd Acquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, driving around the city and eating at the coolest McDonald's ever. 








Totally unstaged picture of cute brother and sister moment. 
Eating Polish Dogs "Chicago Style" at the park on the lake.
The Willis Tower at night lit up for St. Patrick's Day.
The coolest two story McDonald's.

The Best Pizza Ever!
The Beluga Whales
The first time Max holding Clay like a baby and not a ragdoll.
Click to view larger and see the cool seagull that Matt caught in flight.


No comments: