I thought that since school has started, I should finally give a recap of what we did with the rest of our summer. We had a great time and tried to cram as much as we could before Maxwell started kindergarten. Here is what the kids and I did in July:
Luray Caverns in Luray, Virginia near Shenandoah National Park

Driving to and from the caves you cross over the Shenandoah River a few times. It is a very beautiful, very large river with lots of history. Up until now, I only knew this river through music. While singing in two choirs in High School, I sang "Oh, Shenandoah" three times. I loved this song then and now. You better believe I sang the song while driving, much to Maxwell's dissapointment.

Next to Luray Caverns there is a car museum that comes with your cave admission. It was cool to see the old, old cars. Not cool enough to pay to enter by itself but hey, who could pass up a free museum?

These caves were fabulous and stroller friendly, as long as you could walk down 70 steps with a stroller in one hand and a baby in the other. Don't forget you have to walk back up those steps when the tour is finished, with a stroller in one hand and a baby in the other. They have paved walkways throughout and the tour is audio so you can go as slow as you want. Max loved the kids-audio version and Mallory loved to put the earphones on like a necklace.
I highly recommend this day outing to anyone in the Northern Va area. It was a short 2 hour drive with lots of great scenery.
1 comment:
Looks fun. We'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment