Tee Ball Opening Day was yesterday for Max. As you can see he is playing for the Athletics this year. This picture was taken after the big opening day ceremony for all little league levels. There was a parade of all of the teams ranging in ages from 5 to 12.Later Max and I took to the field to practice fielding ground balls before the game.

While in centerfield Max spent his time between batters laying on the grass and discussing life with a teamate. When moved in to the infield he spent the time between batters rubbing his knees in the dirt and wiping dirt from his hands on to his pants. He told Jen before the game that he wanted to get his pants dirty during his first game.
It was a great time and Max is really looking forward to the rest of the season. He was very disappointed when I told him that every game was going to be a tie. He tried a few different ways yesterday to get me to tell him who really had more runs. He's become a little competitive. We had to have a short discussion about talking trash to the other team during warm ups. He kept yelling, "Hey Blue Jays, it's on like Donkey Kong. You're going down."
Where do they learn this stuff? Probably not from playing the Wii with his Dad.
2 comments:
too cute! Jen, I would love to get together! Call me next week! Hope all is well. Oh and I LOVE the pics from Germany. What a fantastic experience!
Go Max!!! Good to see he has that Mangum competitive spirit...should come in handy at the family reunion. I can't wait to hear Max & Jake both yelling together "it's on like Donkey Kong" - makes me smile already!
Post a Comment