Friday, July 17, 2009

Package from Grandma...Priceless!

We love our "just because" package that we received from Grandma today. They really make our day feel like its Christmas. Maxwell and I open them with such anticipation to see what goodies she has sent our way. We love you Mom/Grandma so much! Here is what we got today:
Maxwell was able to take two weeks of swimming lessons this summer. He was very excited to take the class but once the class got underway he wasn't quite sure of his decision. By the end he was able to pass the class and receive his certificate even though as parents we knew they needed to work on their "bobbing" more. We will spend the rest of the summer working on putting the face in the water so next year he can advance to level 2. He says he doesn't ever want to take lessons again, and he wants me to teach him just like Grandma taught me. Oh well, we tried. He did make some pretty cute friends from the class. New friends made the whole thing worth it.



These are our pictures from the events of the 4th of July. Matt flew up for a few days to spend the holiday with us and we had a blast. I just wish I would have taken more pictures. Don't you always wish more pictures were taken? We enjoyed watching Max play with sparklers for the first time. Mallory just watched from afar. We had Matts bro Sam with us for the festivities and we were able to celebrate me and Sams birthday that weekend also.


This gross looking pictures is what Maxwells half-eaten breakfast looked like when he and Matt went on a boys-morning-out to IHOP. They had such a good time spending time together and Max had been looking forward to that for weeks.

2 comments:

Bryce and Miranda said...

I am glad Matt was able to come home for a visit. How much longer til he is home for good? Your kids are getting so big. Miss ya

The Hokanson Family said...

I'm so proud of Maxwell passing his swim class! What a little stud! I hope you're enjoying having Matt back. I'll call ya this week.