Some of you may already know and some may not that Matt is away for the summer on a job training assignment and so it leaves me and the kids doing a lot of fun and crazy things to do to keep ourselves entertained. I learned of some fun things to do with kids while Matt was in Iraq and I think we will start doing them again. We already miss him in the week that he has been gone and there has only been one major "Missing Dad" melt down. Max ended up sleeping next to a picture of him and Matt at the Red Sox game. It was so cute and sad. (You can start crying right here Matt) We will make a trip to Utah in May-June and hopefully a trip to see Matt in S. Carolina at the end of June. Yes that leaves me alone for Mother's Day and my birthday again this year, a lot like the year 2007, but at least he didn't miss our anniversary. Hopefully, I won't have any medical emergencies like losing a toenail or a miscarriage and if I do, I have a lot of support here in Virginia. Don't feel bad for us, we are going to have a blast.
Here is what we did yesterday:
We went to a nearby historic site known as the Sully Plantation. It is an old plantation dating back to the 1700's with acres and acres of green grass. Max and I have been there before but this is Mallorys first time. We enjoyed a picnic lunch of lunchables and PB&J sandwiches. Max brought a ball with him so that we could play ball on the grass after lunch. Maxwells way of playing ball was to throw the ball and who ever got to it first was the winner. He only let me win twice but Mallory loved being in my arms running back and forth after the ball. She would laugh each time she bounced up and down as we ran.
I really enjoy the history that surrounds this area and this is a fun place to see how the area would have been back during the civil war times.
We will keep you updated with all of the fun and adventurous things we get to do. I know there a lot of pictures but Matt asked to post a lot of pictures for him.


4 comments:
Jen - your kids are so cute!! It's amazing how fast they grow. Mallory looks all grown up already.
Is that a sit-n-stand stroller? I'm looking to get a double and wondering what people think of their own.
Have fun this summer!
Wish we could come out and visit.
Kathleen
Max and Mallory are adorable!
such cute pictures, Jen! You're a great mom! I can't wait to kiss Mall's cheeks! And give Max a big squeeze too! Love ya!
I can't wait to see y'all at the end of the month!
Post a Comment