
Jen and I have been married for over six years. The day after I took Jen out for the first time I told my younger brother that I had gone on a date with the most attractive girl I had ever taken out. I was so nervous that I couldn't eat my dinner. For those of you who know me, you know I must have been pretty nervous.
Tonight at dinner with a colleague I recounted the story of how we met as well as some of the stories about our two wonderful children. Our children are beautiful, happy, intelligent and know that they are loved. This is all due to the efforts of their mother.
From the day that Max was born to this very evening as she put Mallory to bed Jen has devoted so much energy to our family. It is a wonder that she has any energy left for anything else. By my count, at the end of this summer Jen will have spent, accumatively, well over a year alone with our young children while I have been away for work. The two most notable of these times were when I deployed to Iraq and now while I am much closer but still gone for a period of months. She has faced these challenges without a complaint and with a strength that I never could have expected. She is the most wonderful mother and still as beautiful as she was on that first date. Everything I do is to try and match up to her efforts and accomplishments on behalf of our family. She deserves to have everything she has ever wanted yet asks for nothing for herself. She is selfless, loving, kind, Christ like, brave, strong, tender, brilliant, gracious, giving, calm and dedicated. I knew that Jen would be an amazing mother. However, I did not know the hardship that she would endure in that role. She amazes me every day with the tireless energy she pours into our family. I love her for all that she is and all that she does.
I have included some pictures of Jen with our kids over the past few years. These are mostly with Max because I have the older computer without any recent pictures on it. Max and Mallory both adore her. In fact, Mallory still won't let me hold her if Jen is in the room.
4 comments:
What a sweet mothers day note Matt! Jenn is amazing and a very fun friend! Wish i was closer to keeo you company and get our kdis together to play but I am out of town for another few weeks. happy Mother day to you Jenn!
Thank you so much Matt for all of the wonderful things that you said about me. I love you so much and miss you a whole lot. I did have a very happy mothers day with lots of gifts of loves and kisses. The kids gave me great presents, sleeping through the whole night and sitting through all of church. I love being a wife and a mom and it makes it more fun to have a great husband and great kids. Happy Mothers day to all of the ladies in my family. I love you!
Where's the Kleenex?
Oh, there it is!
What a beautiful post! Thanks f or sharing your thoughts on your sweet and wonderful wife! You absolutely scored, Matt!
Post a Comment