Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lucky and Unlucky at the sametime!

We will start with the Lucky part. I entered a contest on my friend Bonnie's blog and I won. Yipee! All you had to do was to comment on what your favorite adverb is. Their last name is an adverb and they thought it would be a fun idea. After 18 comments they drew my name out of a hat and I won. What my favorite adverb is you ask? At the time it was "clumsily" because I stepped off our staircase and fell down with Mallory in my arms. My foot was painful and swollen and black and blue. Which leads to the part about being unlucky but I will get to that in a second. Let me tell you what I won. Bonnie's sister is an author of LDS fiction and the prize is one of her books. I am very excited to read a new book that is also signed to me. This is the book:


Now to the unlucky part. I finally went to the doctor after having a gimp foot for a week and half. I was able to walk on it with very little pain. I thought that meant it would be fine. The swelling and discoloration didn't go away which was a sign that something was not right. The doctor and the x-rays confirmed my worst fear, my foot was broken. The tip of the 5th metatarsal was fractured. On the outside of everyones foot is a little bump. That is your 5th metarsel that sticks out. He has put me in a walking cast that can be taken off to shower and sleep otherwise it stays on. I go back in 2 weeks to see if it has improved. This means no long shopping trips for Christmas this year. I am very dissappointed. I guess I need to discover the joys of internet shopping. This looks a lot like my x-ray did.

It is hard to see but there is a little line on the tip of the bone on the outside of the foot. That looks a lot like my break.

To add to all of that I have tendonitis in my right wrist. I am wearing a wrist brace hoping that it clears up. I am just one walking cast.

5 comments:

Sam said...

That's awful! I hope your foot heals quickly. But it is cool you won that book!

Bonnie said...

Stephanie said she sent the book on Saturday, so you should be getting it soon. I hope you enjoy it!

Scott and Brittany said...

We feel so bad about your foot! I hope you're able to manage ok. We love you guys!

Scott and Brittany said...

Hey Jen, I'm glad that's not the exact picture of your foot cause it looks like an ex-ray of Shawn Bradley's foot. I was about to notify Washington D.C. animal control and let them know that "big foot" has been spotted. JK, hope all is well. Scott

Lisa K said...

I sprained that same are that you broke by falling down the stairs years ago!