We've been getting back into our routine around here. I am back at work and school, Max is getting into full swing at school and Jen and Mallory were starting to get into a schedule. Then Max came home with a little cold this week and quickly shared it with his little sister. He came through okay, but we ended up at the doctor's office twice in two days with Mallory and at one point they were thinking about sending her to the hospital. But we are home now and Mallory seems to be getting better. I know Max is feeling better when he starts talking to every person that walks past our house. It is so funny to watch people walk by and respond to him. They try and keep walking but he just continues talking. They start to slowly walk backwards and he just keeps talking. "We have a new baby", "I like to water the plants in the garden", "This is my watering can", "Our neighbor Tim cuts our grass for us", "We got this house from a guy named Rolan", "I can't go in the basement by myself, sometimes I need an adult", "At school I go potty all by myself", "I'm kind of awkward", "When I am 10 I get to have a dog", "My Dad loves the BYU Cougars", "My friend Guy Guy lives in California", "We're going to check the mail", "I have some work to do on the computer", "Guy Guy is kind of awkward actually", "Grandma is coming to visit on pinky day", "My Daddy went with Marc to see the Nationals", "My Dad and I are pretending that we're camping", "We are playing football", "I have to stay two feet away from the baby", "She cries when she's hungry", "Some babies get milk from bottles, our baby get's milk from....."
I know that by the time you started to get through that you scanned your eyes down and didn't read the whole thing. That's basically what people hear anytime they venture on the sidewalk past our house and we are outside or the front door is open. I think our neighbors refer to the stretch of sidewalk in front of our house as "the gauntlet". Once I see that someone is laying down some serious non-verbal "I am ready to stop talking to your adorable kid now" clues I will say, "He will just keep talking as long as you are there. Okay Max, say goodbye." To which Max responds, "I just keep talking." He continues to call things out to them as they slowly walk away. What can we say he is just a friendly little guy.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the pictures of our little "black belt" and his sister. Here she is doing one of her three favorite activities. The other two are eating and pooping. I can't post pictures of either of those.
8 comments:
Oh how I love Maxwell! I would let him talk to me all day if I were there. It's so funny how opposite he and my 2 kids are. The are sooo shy, I have to force them to talk to strangers...Mallory is adorable!
I read all of Max's sayings. How fun. Wish we could be there by y'all. xoxo
I absolutely loved this post! I want to walk by your house more so Max will talk to me!
Last night we asked Adam who his favorite person in the world was and of course it changes based on who he's thinking about at the time but after going through and pointing to everyone in the room and then said...."and then Max too!"
Mallory looks more and more beautiful with every picture!
I love Max. He's hilarious! And Mallory is too dang cute.
Matt
It was nice to hear from you. I've been wondering where you ended up; it looks like you and your growing family are doing well.
Matt and fam!! I'm so glad you looked us up - I've just had to catch up on the past year and half of your lives...yes, I read most of your blog...what a cute family you have - I love all the hair on your little one! And about those "e-mails" from the Trythalls...I must have been booted off the mailing list. Want to forward them on to me? michelle.nishida@gmail.com Thanks Matt - so good to hear from you!
Max is the bomb! I love the way he is proud of me and introduces me to everyone when I'm here - even the lawn guy knows that I am Max's grandma and that I flew in on Labor day when Mallory was born and that Costco was closed that day." What a hoot!
"I'm a little awkward"!!!!! awesome...I read the whole thing...It would have been a shame to miss that tidbit. One of Sara's famous lines it "I'm a little crabby"
Post a Comment