Our little Mallory is now over 2 weeks old. We have enjoyed every minute with her even if those minutes are in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know what other moms say but it has seemed to me to be easier the second time around. I know what to expect with a newborn and the lack of sleep hasn't effected me that bad, probably because I am used to going on little sleep. When it is your first baby everything is so new and your lives have changed so dramatically. Maybe one of these days I will rethink how I feel but for now I am enjoying being a mother of two.
Matt has finally gone back to work full-time and neither of us have looked forward to it. On Friday we went into the city and met him for lunch to try and break up the first day back. We all needed a little break and so Quiznos and a nice drive was just the cure for cabin fever.
Maxwell is still loving school and asks everyday if he gets to go. He has brought a lot of art projects home and he enjoys seeing the farm animals at least once a week. We had our last day of Tae Kwan Do last week and it hasn't hit Maxwell that we won't be back. He can't comprehend that concept. It was only a summer program with the hope that you will sign on as a "real" student but right now we are going to focus on school. At the end of the school day he can barely stay awake through dinner, he has no energy for other activities right now. He has kind of felt left out in his karate class because he was the only one without the white uniform and the belt. (The summer program kids wore the green shirts) On Thursday one of the Tae Kwan Do Masters took off his black belt and wrapped it around Max and tied it. Maxwell was so excited to be wearing a belt, it could have been white for all he cared, but it made it so much cooler that it was black. I took a ton of pictures to show all that my little Maxwell was a black belt Tae Kwan Do master for only a few minutes but the photo and story will last a lifetime. It almost made me cry, but what doesn't make me cry these days.
Here are some more pics of Mallory and our family:







5 comments:
WOW Max you tough kid you! I love the picture of all of you :) ! max looks so super happy to be big brother! And you cut your hair Jenn! I love it! I can't wait to see her but I will give you another month or so...and yes...the second one is WAY easier...even 6 months down the line :)
Love the pictures. What a cute family! It's definitely easier adjusting to the second one (though sometimes the second one gets older and gives you a run for your money!) So cute!
I would have to agree, you certainly know what more to expect with #2 and that makes it easier.
Your kids are adorable!
Thanks for letting us come over for a visit the other day! Despite Adam's sudden mood swings he loves hangin' with his buddy Max. It's so fun to see your little girl and read about how much you enjoy her! I can't wait until I'm saying the same. :)
Thanks SO much for the ride this morning! It was appreciated very much!
Great photography..hee hee. I'm so proud of all of you and the way you have welcomed Mallory into the family. She is a little princess!
Post a Comment