
Monday night we had a get together with people from the Ward where I grew up. We were grateful for those who hosted us and put so much effort into the event. It was really great to see all of those people, some of whom I haven't really seen in ten years. We grabbed all of the people who were youth together at church during our high school years and took this photo. We have added some spouses and children. It was cool to see where everybody was and what they were up to. Some of the guys that graduated with me are back in the area and attending the same ward now as adults. I also got to see a friend of mine, Andrew, that I worked with at Summer Camp the summer after my freshman year at BYU. My brother Sam and our friend Marybeth also spent summers at camp with Andrew. I am using this picture because in the one with just he and I, he is beating the crud out of me. He is much stronger now than he was when he was 9. This kid made my summer after a long year at BYU and was a great way for me to spend the summer while I was getting ready for my mission.

We gathered for a family photo at Scituate lighthouse. I walked with Max out to the end of the pier and showed him one of my favorite places on the planet. It is very quiet out there on the rocks and all you can see or hear is the ocean. He also got to fish a little when one of the guys fishing off of the rocks offered Max a shot. He got a bite and we thought he was going to pull one in on his very first fishing attempt but it got away. You should have seen it. It was the biggest fish I have ever seen.

We got to spend a little time at the beach. It was Max's first time to see the sand and the water, and it was everything he hoped it would be. When I was young, I took swimming lessons in the Atlantic Ocean. It was cool to get Max down there and have him play some. We also went to see the Red Sox lay the lumber on the Minnesota Twins. The Sox scored 18 runs. Fenway was awesome as always.


Wednesday afternoon the Mangum men took charge of the children and my Mom took the Mangum women for some lady bonding time. They ate at a girly restaurant that I have never been to because I only eat at restaurants where Chicken Fried Steak is on the menu. I'm kidding, I do eat at other restaurants, but if they have it I am going to order it. Anyways, we took the kids Candlepin Bowling. This is how I grew up bowling. The ball is the size of a grapefruit and the pins are very narrow. Max was pretty good at making divots in the wood and stepping across the foul line. It was alot of fun.

Jen indulged my attachment to the old glory days and let me go back to my high school and play some catch with Max out on the football field. Here we are standing in front of a sign that has a little significance for me. Yeah, I'm that guy that still talks about high school football. I think everybody would have guessed that back in the day. 1997 was the fall of my senior year.

I am going to throw some more pictures on the end of this and Jen can add some more if she decides that she would like to say more. But this was great trip and a good chance to get together as a family. It has been a long time since we were all in the same place at the same time and it was well worth it. Thanks Rachel, Adam and Kathleen for all of your work to make this happen. It was an awesome trip.

Jen cheering for the Sox.
Max and Lena caught playing Guitar Hero (they were actually playing, not well but they were playing all the same)

Max and Colin singing "Take me out to the Ball Game"
That is the three of us sitting on the top of the drop down to the beach. It was a great time and we can't wait to see everybody again in 2010! Let's go somewhere where I don't have to get caught in traffic in NYC on the way home for three hours trying to cross the George Washington Bridge with a 3 year old and a 7 month pregnant wife. I would also like to avoid breaking up domestic disputes at rest stops in New Jersey. It was a long drive home.
6 comments:
Jen I can't believe you're due in a month! You have such a cute family. We defiantly need to plan a trip out to see you guys, but it probably wont be till next summer. Hope you're feeling well. We love ya
I always love the matching t-shirts! too cute! Wish I was a Mangum...to get to go to those fun reunions...we miss you guys!
Jen - I need a copy of that picture of Lena and Max jammin' on guitar hero. Hopefully they'll be forever friends!
The word jealousy doesn't even begin to cover how I feel reading these entries...
Oh my gosh, bowling is one of Brody's favorite things too! Any time we're anywhere near the Wilkinson Center @ BYU he freaks out because he thinks we're going.
Looks like Boston was fun!
Post a Comment