My nephew Trevor has posed an interesting question. Why do super heroes all wear tights? It doesn't seem very manly. But common rules of fashion have never stopped Maxwell from saving the day. All during nursery today he insisted that I go to different parts of the room and cry for help so he could be a super hero and come and rescue me. One other little girl joined in the act and got herself stuck in a plastic crate. She actually needed some real help getting out.
In the photo above Max is sporting a mask I brought home from the office "Mardi Gras" party. At one point I had one of those little masks over each eye. Then there was a pool to see how many I could get on my head at once. When the elastics break on those and hit you in the eye it hurts. Max was smart enough to just put on one and let his muscles do most of the talking. The freestyle skater PJs top the whole thing off. Here he comes to save the day as "Lightning Man", "Maxwell Man", or my personal favorite (inspired by "Underdog") "Under Maxwell".
By the way, in case you haven't heard, we're having a baby in September. Jen and I agreed to postpone the addition of the baby widget to the blog. When we looked at it this morning the baby still looked like an alien. We're not having an alien. We're having a baby. We will add the widget when the little guy (or girl) starts to look a little more normal.
9 comments:
I'd like to suggest "Wonder Max" ... and what gives him his high energy and superhero abilities isn't a spider bite, philanthropic parents, or even Kryptonian heritage, but instead a certain je ne sais quois I'll call the "Max factor"! =)
My favorite Max memory is still when he locked himself in the master bedroom and while Joe was trying to take apart the lock and door knob he was trying to karate chop it down on the other end. Classic superhero move.
Congrats on the baby! We're excited for you guys, and for Max to have a little sibling. That picture is really funny -- I'd like to see a picture from that office party...
Congrats. Can't wait for your next superhero. We need more of those these days.
Congrats on the baby, I think you should still add the baby to the blog and we can all watch it transform from the alien to the baby. We are sure adding to the great grandkids on the Beardall side this year!!
Hey Mangums! Congrats on your pregnancy! How exciting! We need to get together before we leave. You guys are so great!
Natalie Beal
Congrats on the baby! That picture is real cute! We love UnderDog! That is our favorite family movie.
Congratulations on the new little Mangum!!! We are so happy for you guys!
I’m going to be in DC June 2-5th. As soon as I have the itinerary for the seminar I’ll let you know when I have free time so we can get together.
What a cute story - about Max wanting to be a super-hero and Matt playing along and acting like he needed to be rescued. What a fun Daddy!
We are so happy about the new baby news. What a blessing to your family - and Max will be a perfect big brother.
Post a Comment