Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things About ME (Jen)

This is something I did on my facebook page but thought I would post it here so all others can see it also. I am still trying to get Matt to do one and we will post it when he does. His should be really funny.

1. I love baths and if I could take one everyday I would be a better wife and mother. I only started liking baths after the birth of my baby.
2. In the 5 years that my husband and I have been married we have lived in 5 different houses. Moving is the worst.
3. I enjoy doing home improvement projects and am excited to own a house one day so that I can do them all year round. My husband hates to do home improvement projects.
4. I am a very organized person, some say too organized.
5. I love to make lists when I have a lot to do. It is easier to keep track of what I have done.
6. I am working on re-finishing our bedroom set that my parents bought over 30 years ago. I am sanding, painting, and replacing the hardware. I need a drill, does anyone have one?
7. I do not enjoy shopping. Where did I come from? What girl doesn’t like to shop? It used to annoy my mom and sister that I never wanted to go shopping and would complain if I had to.
8. If I was a boy I would love scouting. My husband is scoutmaster and hates scouts but I think I would love it.
9. My new hobby is Digital Scrapbooking and it is so much fun. It is easier and cheaper than the traditional way of scrapbooking.
10. I love being a Mom.
11. Having my second child makes me want to have more kids, not less.
12. I loved school all of my life and never “sluffed” classes, even in college.
13. A few months back we became a mini-van owning family and we loved the switch. We both said that we loved our SUV too much until we found the van of our dreams.
14. I hate doing the dishes but don’t mind cleaning toilets. Go figure!
15. My most favorite high school memory was when I sang in the A Cappella choir. It is on my mind because I found the cassette tape with all of our music on it when I was cleaning. It has been fun to sing to all of the old songs.
16. The first month of Junior High I was so homesick and scared that I would make myself physically sick and have to go home or have my mom come. It happened most everyday until my mom learned a trick. She would send me with a treat or snack from home and I would eat it when I started feeling sick. That ritual lasted a few months until I got over it. We still talk about it and how frustrating it was.
17. My favorite kind of soda is Mountain Dew. I try not to drink caffeine while pregnant or nursing so it has been awhile since I have had the sweet nectar. My bro Scott can relate.
18. I love living on the east coast and have grown to love the humidity that we have in Virginia. I do not get bloody noses or have dry skin like I used to get all of the time in Utah. But I do miss my family and the mountains.
19. I still like the band Colors and have all of their CD’s.
20. I wasn’t planning on attending UVSC for my undergrad but only when I got a scholarship did I decide to stay and major in Psychology. I wanted to go to Utah State or the U of U. But I loved my experience and wouldn’t change it for anything.
21. I loved to ski when I was younger but I always hated the cold that went along with it. The last time I went skiing was in 2001/2002. My bro Scott is in awesome skier.
22. I love to take naps and would take one daily if I could.
23. My family had a dog named Charlie for many years. We loved him like a member of the family. When he passed away in 2001 it was one of the hardest days of my life. No dog will ever replace Charlie.
24. I wish I would have ran track in high school.
25. I wish this didn’t take me all day to finish.

2 comments:

Kathleen Mangum said...

What do you use for digital scrapbooking. I think I might get into that. I just say some stuff on Heritage makers, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Let me know.

I want a bath and a nap everyday too.

I wish we lived closer.

xoxo

Kate said...

Isn't digital scrapbooking fun?! I've really gotten into it lately.

So what kind of minivan did you guys get?