We finally have snow in Virgnia. Our winters are very different from the winters I know so well in Utah. We only get a few real snowstorms every winter and they come in Jan-Mar. Max has been asking when winter was going to come and to be honest I never knew if it would come this year because of the warm weather that we have had. But today is a different story. It is here. I don't know how long it will last so we are going to take advantage and go out and have a snow day today. Maxwell wants to build a fort, throw snowballs, make a snowman, go sledding, and make snow angels. We have a busy day ahead of us but looking forward to it.
A funny thing about the snowstorms here is that because there are so very few of them all of the schools and work shuts down when it snows. I never had school canceled for snow when I lived in Utah. You learn to be tough growing up in Utah with all of the snow. The kids are out of school today anyway because of a teacher work day but I bet they don't have school tomorrow or the next day.
Happy Winter to all!
2 comments:
Happy Winter. Yeah, when we have a snow day it's 40 below and NO ONE is going outside. Plus, businesses never shut down here. The joy!
That's how it always was growing up in St. George. If it happened to snow (no matter how little) schools and everything was closed to discourage inexperienced drivers having accidents. It was so awesome! Have fun today!
Post a Comment