We had a fabulous Christmas this year with our two little kids. Maxwell really enjoyed Christmas this year better than any year and I am sure it will just better and better as he gets older. He love the Power Ranger stuff that Santa gave him and all of the other fun gifts. Mallory mostly got clothes and a few toys like a glow-worm and a mirror wedge that she can use during tummy-time. She is becoming such a beautiful little baby girl who is all smiles and giggles. You can't look at her without her laughing at you. The first thing she does when she wakes up in the morning or at nap-time is give you the biggest grin ever! I used to think babies woke up grumpy...not this one. Except for right now because I put her in her crib to play while I wrote a post and she is not too happy with me. :)
Matt and I also surprised each other with a few awesome presents. He gave me a new digital camera to help me in my pursuit of digital scrapbooking and I bought him the BYU Football Vault that has the history of BYU football and a few fun things inside the book. I think he loves it! I even surprised myself at how much I enjoyed reading the football book. We stayed in jammies all day and played with our biggest present of them all....................The Wii gaming system. It is awesome! Matt knew it would be a family present and we would all enjoy it but I didn't believe him. I was never a big video game person, except for the old school nintendo that my family had for 15 years. We love playing the Wii video games as a family, with the exception of Mallory, but she does love to sit there and laugh at us jumping up and down and waving our hands around in a goofy fashion. Maxwell especially loves to bowl and play baseball.
Last Saturday we enjoyed the 65 degree weather and went to DC to visit the Dinosaur museum that Max has been asking to go to for months. We wanted to wait until Mallory was a little older to take her in so we waited until now to introduce her to the crowds in DC. Maxwell loves the Natural History museum with every stuffed animal imaginable. Mallory slept the whole time which is the way we like her best! We were there and back in 3 hours just in time for dinner. A perfect outing for a perfect week.
We are preparing for Maxwells birthday on Jan. 1. We will have a mini party with family. He is so excited to go to Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday. We love our little Maxwell and he has been such a joy to have in our family, most of the time :) He is so good with little sister Mallory and can make her laugh easier than me or Matt. They are going to be the best of friends even though he doesn't like her sleeping in his room. He says that he is saving it for his little brother. Sometime in the future, maybe.
As soon as I get the pictures off of my new camera I will post some and also some video we took of the kids and their presents. We are really excited for the new year and what is in store for the Mangum family. We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and hope you all have a Happy New Year!
2 comments:
Cute post Jen! I loved hearing about your Christmas! I like the look of your blog too.
Sounds like you had a great Christmas!
Happy Birthday, Max. Can you believe our little guys are FOUR!? Where did the time go?
Post a Comment