I did some research on parting your hair after the comment from Gina about the correct way to part hair and here is what I found out:
A study done by Catherine Walter who is a cultural anthropologist, and her brother John is a nuclear physicist and mathematician helps prove the parting theory.
1. Parting your hair determines how others percieve you and how successful you will be in life.
2. People who part their hair on the right emphasize the right side of their brains and tend to be sensitive, compassionate and good listeners. Those who take it to the left are generally more aggressive and assertive. Type A personalities
3. Of the 44 men who've been elected president of the United States, only three -- James Buchanan, Warren Harding and Ronald Reagan -- parted their hair on the right. The Walters sent their findings to Al Gore. As a courtesy. Gore ignored them and continued to part his hair on the right. Bad move. He lost to leftie George W. Bush.
4.In 1998, she looked at photographs of every current member of Congress and the governors of all 50 states. "It's very difficult to get into office with a right part," she said. "Right parts are about 14 percent across the board."
5. The part theory applies equally to men and women. Margaret Thatcher and Hillary Clinton both have left parts. "And very few women in Congress have right parts
6.The Walters also cite Superman as an example of how their theory works. In the 1978 movie starring Christopher Reeve, nerdy Clark Kent had a right part. But Superman wore a left part
7. The eye theory says to part your hair on the side with the prettier eye so it emphasizes the eye.
8. The nose theory says to part your hair the way the your nose is tilting.
9. Our barber says to part your hair in the direction of your cowlick on the back of your head.
I hope this helps. Remember your part doesn't change who you are! I don't see myself turning into an "A" or Red personality.
9 comments:
Now I curious. So what is the correct way to part your hair?
That's totally interesting!! I know for a fact that mine is right because my cowlick only allows it go one way, and we all know what a HUGE cowlick I have in the front. My poor kids inherited it too.
That is too funny! I thought the same thing yesterday. I thought it was new make up or something! Honestly! It looks great!
So, did Matt change his part too?
P.S. You look great.
What if you part your hair in the middle?
Don
That is so interesting. I part my hair on the left. I have tried to switch but I can't. I like the new look. How are the kids? Is it hard being a mom of two?
My hair parts in the middle too...What then? I don't do it on purpose...it just falls that way.
So I've always parted my hair on the left but this week you inspired me to try parting it on the right. No one has even noticed the difference, even one of my best friends who is my hair dresser!! It definitely feels weird to switch.
I'll email you some Halloween-themed meals today!
Maybe those of us who don't part either way but fust however it falls are well-rounded? :)
Post a Comment